The 2004 Irmo Okra Strut Century Ride, Irmo, South Carolina
Saturday, 8:00 AM, September 25, 2004
Where It's Happening
- Dutch Fork Middle School, Old Tamah Road. Directions to start for Okra
Strut---From Columbia go west on I-26 to the Peak exit (#97)turn left on
176, turn left on Shady Grove, bear right on Old Tamah Rd, Dutch Fork Middle
School will be on the left. Here is a
There will be a mass start for all rides at 8:00 AM. You have a choice of
20, 65, or, 100 mile rides. No matter which ride you choose, the Carolina
Cyclers will provide you with great maps and sag support.
- The registration fee for the ride is $20, if you register by 09/15/2004,
and $30 after 09/15/2004. This fee includes maps, snacks, sag support, and
this year's remembrance gift. Fees are non-refundable, but if you register
and can't make it, we will hold your gift.
CITY: _________________________STATE:__________ ZIP:________________________
PHONE NUMBER: _________________E-MAIL
AGE: ___________MARK YOUR ROUTE: 25___65___100___
IS THIS YOUR FIRST OKRA STRUT RIDE?
I UNDERSTAND AN APPROVED BICYCLING HELMET IS REQUIRED. A WAIVER MUST BE
SIGNED WHEN I SIGN IN FOR THE RIDE BEFORE I AM ALLOWED TO RIDE WITH THE
CAROLINA CYCLERS. IF PARTICIPANT IS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE A PARENT/GUARDIAN
MUST ALSO SIGN THE REQUIRED WAIVER.
SIGNATURE: _______________________________________DATE: ___________________
MAIL FORM TO: CAROLINA CYCLERS P.O. BOX 11163 COLUMBIA, SC 29211
A print friendly version of the registration form is
Lots of other fun
Okra Strut activities are here.
Pre-registered riders are here:
What are the expectations of participants?
- Participants should prepare themselves physically for
their intended route distance.
- Participants should have their bicycles in good
mechanical condition before arriving.
- Participants should carry a spare tube and a bicycle
pump on their bicycles.
- Participants should know how to change a flat tire or
ride with someone who does.
- Participants should be safe and courteous cyclists.
- Participants should obey traffic laws.
- Participants should wear a helmet.
- Participants must wear their Okra Strut Century Ride
- Participants should not be litterbugs.
- Participants should consider that the Okra Strut
Century Ride Staff and rest stop personnel are unpaid volunteers. Some
volunteers are inexperienced, so please be patient with them.
- Participants should have FUN!
following Carolina Cyclers Club Members will be glad to answer any questions you
Steve Powderly, 803-
781-1698, Okra Strut Coordinator
Henderson, 803-787-3427, Ride Coordinator
Margaret Anne DuBose,
803-782-0661, Club President
Alice Koss, 803-767-1234,
Club Vice President
Paul Palmer, 803-782-5656, Webmaster
Past Okra Strut Century Rides: The legacy that Ron
Wright left for the 2002 and 2001 Okra Strut Century Rides is right